Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

Germany Country Study

WALTcreate a quality blog post that explains our learning.
   


In Huia Whanau we are reading a book called Refugee, by Alan Gratz. The book is online so we can read it at home, it is available as an audio book too. I started reading refugee today. The first chapter is about a boy named Joseph who is living in Germany.

Our task today was to create a country study using important information about Germany. We had to create the country study on a poster, video or slide.

I enjoyed this activity very much and I am looking forward to more like this. I learnt a lot about Germany like favourite foods, their currency, their population  and their capital city.
Do you know anything about Germany?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eva, you are so creative! I really enjoyed reading through your blog post. You have utilised your space on your poster really well, and it's very colourful and catches the eye. What tool did you use to create your poster?

    You have found so many interesting facts Eva. What would your favourite German food be, of the ones you've listed in your poster? I'm quite a picky eater, so I don't think I would like the beef roll or the grilled sausage, but I would really like to try the potato pancake! It sounds very interesting. Do you think it's a pancake made out of potato, or a pancake with potato toppings? I wonder if you could find any more information on their foods?

    I'm really glad you enjoyed this activity. I had a lot of fun creating our class example for Germany too. To answer your question, I know that soccer is a very popular sport in Germany. When I was studying at University, my flatmate went to Germany for a holiday because her sister was living in Germany at the time. When she went, she stayed with her sister and brother-in-law and sent me lots of photos. Her brother-in-law played professional soccer at the time, and when my flatmate went, it was snowing everywhere! Do you know anyone that has been to Germany before? I haven't been, but I would love to see all of Europe one day.

    ReplyDelete

Albert Einstein and Isaac Newton

Who have we chosen and why? by Ella, Eva, Kylah and Arie. Today we had to create a slide/presentation about two famous m athematician...